Higher Education officials are facing unprecedented challenges and are being forced to make difficult decisions to help their institutions thrive. Consider these facts:
- 1 in 5 business officers are worried that their institution is at risk of shutting down in the foreseeable future
- Tuition makes up 47% of a Colleges revenue
- CFOs said their institutions have placed a primary emphasis over the past five years on increasing enrollment (88 percent) and net tuition revenue (74 percent)
- 67% of CFO’s are seriously reviewing healthcare costs
- 52% are looking to reduce costs within athletic programs
And none of these stats take into consideration that deferred maintenance is a growing concern that can no longer be ignored. With 92% of all university CFO’s citing retention as a key revenue driver, now more than ever it’s important to ensure you’re providing an ideal learning environment to attract and retain the best and brightest.
Outsourcing facility services is a tool many administrators are turning to kill two birds with one stone. Not only will outsourcing custodial, grounds, and maintenance services help you realize significant cost savings that can be reinvested into key areas of your mission, but they will also dramatically improve the look and feel of your institution. Outsourcing firms specialize in creating ideal learning environments that students & staff not only thrive in, but are proud of. Furthermore 62% of incoming freshmen reported that the appearance of the campus influenced their choice of school, these services are vital to recruitment and retention.
Click here to learn more